Hello, everyone! It’s Jenny here, and I’m back with 3 gorgeous watercolored floral cards! For today’s projects, I combined my favorite stamp sets (Large Peony sets), and the new favorite watercoloring medium, the Color Burst Powders. I had so much fun coloring these beautiful images and turning them into cards! I kept the designs very similar for all 3 cards.
Here is the first card!
- I started the card by stamping the images from the Large Peony 3 stamp set on watercolor cardstock in Versamark ink, using the Mini MISTI tool.
- Then, I heat embossed the images with White embossing powder and colored with Color Burst Powders. The colors I used are: Alizarin Crimson, Marigold, Sap Green, Lime Green, and Naples Yellow.
- When it was good and dry, I die cut them using the Coordinating Dies.
- I stamped the Minor Stripes Cling Background stamp on white smooth cardstock and trimmed it down using the Tim Holtz Guillotine Trimmer to add interest to the background.
- I also die cut a frame using the second & third largest dies from the (Small) Double Stitched Circle Dies.
- I stamped the sentiment from the Basic Labels stamp set on white smooth cardstock in our Noir Dye ink, and fussy cut them out.
- Then I assembled all the elements on a A2 sized white card base. I used the Foam Mounting Tape for the peony image to pop it up.
- Finished the card by adding some Glass Slippers (Mix) Sequins and added some white dots with the gel pen.
Here’s the 2nd card!
I created this second card the same way I created the first one, using the Large Peony 2 Stamp set and the Coordinating Dies. The Color Burst colors I colored the images with are: Orchid, Fuchsia, Sap Green, Lime Green, and Naples Yellow. The sentiment is from the same stamp set, stamped in Versamark on a black cardstock, and heat embossed in white.
This last card was also created almost the same way as the other 2 cards. However, I changed the frame to rectangle and kept the design bit more simple.
For this card, I used Large Peony 1 stamp set and the Coordinating dies. I colored this beautiful floral image with the Ultramarine and the Prussian Blue Color Burst powders. I used the 3rd and 4th largest dies from the (Small) Double Stitched Rectangle dies to create the rectangle frame.
Hope you enjoyed the cards! I had so much fun creating them! 🙂
Hope you join us for the May Challenge at The Ton’s Challenge Blog!
There is a $50 Gift card that will go to the winning entry!
The theme for May is “Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge!“
Here is how to play:
To participate in our challenge, create a paper crafting project based on the theme “Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge”.
- You must use a Ton product as the main focal point of your card or tag.
- Display the cue word/inspiration photo on your blog post and include a link to this challenge in the body of your post.
- There is no limit to the number of projects you wish to enter into the challenge.
- The winning project will be chosen based upon detail, composition and aesthetics.
- Enter your card by May 31, 2017 by 12:55pm EST.
Please visit The Ton’s CHALLENGE BLOG for more info.
Thank you for stopping by! Happy Crafting!