Hello everyone! It’s Jenny here taking over the blog today! For today’s project, I created a watercolor floral card using the Wildflower Banner, Beautiful Butterflies1, and Haute Stripes Background Cling stamp. I colored the images with the recently purchased Color Burst Watercolor pigment powders from our Boutique. So vibrant and fun to color with, I immediately fell in love with the Color Burst!
Let me show you the card!
The products I used on this project:
- Wildflower Banner stamp set
- Wildflower Banner coordinating die
- Beautiful Butterflies1 stamp set
- Beautiful Butterflies1 coordinating dies
- Haute Stripes Background Cling stamp
- Color Burst sets: Caribbean Brights & Fresh Florals set
- Versamark Embossing ink
- Noir Dye ink
- Mixed Dew Drops
- Belle’s Dress Couture Mix
- Raspberry Sparkle Couture Mix
- Glass Slippers Round Confetti Mixed
- Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Markers
I started the card by stamping images from both the Wildflower Banner stamp set and the Beautiful Butterflies1 stamp set on watercolor cardstock in Versamark Embossing ink. I heat embossed with gold embossing powder and colored them with the Color Burst Caribbean Brights (Fuschia/Lime Green/Chartreuse/Orchid) and Fresh Florals set (Peony/Marigold/Sap Green/Naples Yellow). When the images were good and dry, I stamped the sentiment in our Noir Dye ink. Then I went ahed and die cut all the images using the Wildflower Banner coordinating die and the Beautiful Butterflies1 coordinating dies. I also added some shimmer using the Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Marker and gold dots with gold gel pen.
I created the background by stamping the Haute Stripes Background Cling stamp in Versamark. I sprinkled the Gold Sparkle embossing powder and swiped off some of the powders before heat setting the panel. I adhered the panel on the A2 sized white card base and adhered all the die cut florals and butterflies on the card. I finished the card by adding some Mixed Dew Drops, Belle’s Dress Couture Mix, Raspberry Sparkle Couture Mix, and Glass Slippers Round Confetti (mix).
That’s all from me today and I hope you enjoyed the card! 🙂
Hope you join us for the May Challenge at The Ton’s Challenge Blog!
There is a $50 Gift card that will go to the winning entry!
The theme for May is “Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge!“
Here is how to play:
To participate in our challenge, create a paper crafting project based on the theme “Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge”.
- You must use a Ton product as the main focal point of your card or tag.
- Display the cue word/inspiration photo on your blog post and include a link to this challenge in the body of your post.
- There is no limit to the number of projects you wish to enter into the challenge.
- The winning project will be chosen based upon detail, composition and aesthetics.
- Enter your card by May 31, 2017 by 12:55pm EST.
Please visit The Ton’s CHALLENGE BLOG for more info.
Have a wonderful day! Happy Crafting!