Hey everyone, Jenny here! We are so excited to join the super fun 2016 Fall Coffee Lovers Blog Hop! The Ton is proud to be a super sponsor and flash sponsor for the this hop. You can leave comments and/or link up your newly created coffee, tea, and/or cocoa projects (Fall Theme) to the hop by 7PM PST each day for a chance to win many prizes, including three (3) $10 gift certificates to The Ton! This hop runs from Friday, September 23 – Friday, September 30. Winners will be announced on Coffee Loving Cardmakers Blog on Sunday, October 2nd. See all the details HERE.
For this fabulous blog hop, I created a fun coffee shaker card! Yes, those are real coffee beans in the shaker! I thought it’d be fun to put real coffee beans instead of sequins for a change.
I used our Hug in a Mug stamp set, Caffeine Crush Sentiment stamp set, and few of our beautiful gilding to create this card. This Hug in a Mug stamp set is so easy to use, and you could stamp different latte arts on your cups! How fun is that?!! As a daily latte drinker, it’s a no brainer that I love this set dearly! The Caffeine Crush Sentiment stamp set has lots of clever and fun coffee related sentiments, so if you are a coffee lover, this set is a must-have for you! Without further ado, here is the card!
- I started the card by stamping the mug image from our Hug in a Mug stamp set on a 140lb watercolor paper in our watercolor safe Noir dye Ink. This ink is very crisp so it’s perfect for stamping images on textured watercolor papers. I tried to scatter the mugs across the panel randomly looking as possible.
- I stamped the solid coffee liquid image inside the mugs in our Found Topaz dye ink to lay down the base color. I purposely stamped lightly to give room for watercoloring. Then I filled in the mug in different brown watercolors. I also colored the background in green color. I used Mijello Gold Mission Watercolors for this project, except Red Gold Gansai Tambi watercolor for the mug handles.
- When the watercolored panel was completely dry, I cut down the panel to a square slightly smaller than 6″x6″. Then I used 2 largest dies from our Double Stitched Circle dies.
- I stamped the latte art images on the mugs only on the most outer frame with embossing ink and heat embossed in white.
- I stamped the sentiment from our Caffeine Crush Sentiment stamp set on the central circle piece in embossing ink and heat embossed in gold. This sentiment just cracks me up! lol!
- I built the shaker frame by adding acetate and foam tapes and filled the shaker with real coffee beans. I had to use 4 layers of foam tape to give enough room for the coffee beans to shake. I sealed the shaker frame with our Gold Adhesive Glitter paper. I pealed the backing of the Gold Adhesive Glitter paper and mounted the shaker on the 6″x6″ card base.
- I adhered our beautiful Gold Glitter tape (thin) on the edges of the shaker and added gold metallic thread to add interest.
- I finished the card by adding our Medallion Gold and Glossy Black sequins.
That’s it from us at The Ton! There are many blogs to visit, so without further delay, go hop along. See the complete list of participants at Coffee Loving Cardmakers Blog. Thank you for stopping by!!