Hello everyone, it’s LauraJane today:) I have a sweet teacup of sunflowers for you today using the SUNFLOWER BOUQUET.…. In my last post I shared a video on how I colored the Outlines of the Fresh Cut Sunflowers with Ziggys. Well, I wasn’t quite finished coloring Sunflowers I guess! These are a bit on the Pink-ish side with a hint of Yellow:)
- I started out by stamping the Sunflower Bouquet onto a piece of Bristol Smooth 100lb paper. I stamp the bouquet with Vanilla Frosted Cupcake Dye ink..
- Using a clean water blush, I began with the YELLOW,050 Zig to lay down a base color on each petal.
- Then added BLUSH,069 at the base of each petal and where I thought a shadow might be. No water added.
- Continuing with more shadows with BRICK BEIGE, 075 in the darkest part of each petal tip and connecting point at the center.
- More flicks of color with LIGHT CARMINE,021 BRIGHT YELLOW,052, and PEACH PINK,202
- Dotted the center of each flower with BRICK BEIGE, BLUSH, and PALE ROSE,230
- Added a wash of YELLOW GREEN,053 over the dotted centers leaving just a bit of highlight
- At this time I RE-STAMPED the bouquet, using the MISTI, with AMBER CITRINE dye ink because I wanted more yellow gold for teh petals to show through. I was pleased with the outcome!
- Moving onto the leaves by quickly coloring with MID GREEN,046 and OLIVE GREEN,043 for the shadows….clean waterbrush to blend on each leaf
- Cut this bouquet out with the Sunflower Bouquet Coordinating Die and carefully trimmed the stems off. and set it aside.
- The Tea Party cup and saucer were just the vessel to pop that bouquet into:) Tea Party Coordinating Dies made for easy cutting too.
- I inked both the cup and saucer with SOFT ORCHID dye ink. and colored a bit with the ENGLISH LAVENDER,803, BLUSH and PALE ROSE for some dimension. set those aside
That sweet tiny HELLO is from PRAGMATIC WREATHS and trimmed to make a tea tag:) I then took all the pieces and arranged tham onto a light pink VELLUM covered cardbase using FOAM TAPE under the blooms and TOMBOW MULTI glue for the rest. I snuck a strip of GLITTER TAPE under the saucer so it didn’t look like it was floating:)
List of ZIG markers used: 021, 043, 046, 050, 052, 053, 069, 075, 202, 230, 803
I was thinking of other floral stamps that would look good in the teacup…what do YOU have in your stash?