Hello everyone! LauraJane here today with some TOOT SWEET cards for you!
When I saw the newly released Lavish Donuts and Unicorns Bundle , I noticed how the Unicorn horn could also look like a waffle/sugar cone. However, since there are no large scoops of ice cream in The Ton’s stamps, I decided to use blooms from Painted Peonies, Timeless Peonies Print,and Riotous Wildflowers for the “ice-cream.”
Take a look:)
I call this first one Strawberries and Cream…which also happens to be the name of the Couture mix that perfectly embellishes this decadent delight:)
- I inked the leaves of both flower sets,( Painted Peonies, Timeless Peonies Print) with Lofty Mint and Diamond Blue, then added the Shades of pink ink, listed above, to the blooms.
- Then cut the bundles of flowers using the Coordinating dies,(Timeless Peonies Print Coordinating Die, Painted Peonies Coordinating Die) and set them aside.
- For the “Cone”, I inked with Found Topaz and Warm Hazelnut then added a bit of embossing pen for the GOLD embossing powder on the swirl of the cone.
- Layered them onto a white piece of CS splattered with Pink spray, trimmed it with the Double Stitched Rectangle Dies (Large)
- Stamped the sentiment from Painted Peonies with Hollywood Star
- and layered it onto pink CS then finished with the Strawberries and Cream Couture mix .
Not wanting to stop with just ONE floral cone, I moved on to Vanilla Bean for my next card:)
This one came together quickly as there is very little stamping.
- Again, I used the Lavish Donuts and Unicorns Bundle and Dies for my “cone,” as well as the same Found Topaz and Warm Hazelnut,inks only this time I CLEAR embossed the entire cone.
- On Off white CS, Riotous Wildflowers is embossed with GOLD embossing powder and trimmed out with the coordinating die. I took Copic E31 to add a hint of shading on the leaves and a White PITT pen to the petals of the flowers.
- Layered the gold embossed Riotous Wildflowers onto a Timeless Peonies Print Coordinating Die inked with Warm Hazelnut. These together completed the Vanilla Bean ice cream of my card.
- Popped the cone and floral s onto a panel cut from cream colored CS using the Geometric Circles Coverplate Die. I really like the look of tone-on-tone that the coverplate gives:)
- Cut HELLO from Matte Gold Adhesive Foil Paperand several layers of white CS to stack up for extra dimension
- Duvo drops: Ivory Seashell and Honey Gold along with Just a Dream Couture Mix look delicious as sprinkles on top! 🙂
Hope you like the way I stretched my stamps today! If you have any questions, leave them in the comment section of this post.
Thanks for stopping by. Until next time; HAPPY crafting:))
The March challenge, with the inspiration word “SPRING” is still going on now at our Challenge Blog. Make a Spring card and enter it on the there for your chance to win a $50 shopping spree at The Ton Shop.