Hello everyone! It’s LauraJane, with many, ahem…TONS, of XOXO cards today:)) I wanted to share how versatile the XOXO mini stamp set and coordinating die is. They aren’t just for Valentine’s day after all! Hugs and kisses can be sent throughout the year.
Warning: photo heavy post.
Here is the stash of items I’ll be using for all the cards in this post:
To begin making these cards I stamped the XOXO mini stamp set with Valentine Red couture color ink. And cut each one out with the coordinating die.Then continued to cut a few xoxos out of almost white CS, for stacking up purposes.
Going with a similar color palette, I searched/found several cardfronts that I liked in my drawer of,”could be used for later” ..there are TONS of them:)) as I don’t like to toss anything in the trash bin!
I’ll share each card individually and supplies used for each one.
For the first card, I DID stamp the Happy Valentine’s Day sentiment on the banner, however, Thinking of you, or any other tagline could be stamped in its place.
- Stacked a pink spritzed Geometric Circles Coverplate Die onto a white cardbase.
- popped a Modern Labels embossed in Rose Gold EP and cut with coordinating die, into the lower corner.
- Grabbed a XOXO stacked with Black CS off-set, and adhered it to the label.
- added a touch of garnish from the Petal Cut Peonies Standalone Dies which had been spritzed with pink shimmer spray as well.
- Wrapped the handmade banner for the sentiment with embroidery floss then added it to the card with Foam tape.
- Embellished with Pink Cosmo Twist Couture Mix
- Mini Heart Print Cling Background inked with Soft Garnet on white CS
- Stamped the Wishful Rose on top of the mini Heart Print with NOIR Couture color.
- XOXO, inked with Soft Garnett and daubed with Valentine Red, stacked with Black CS off-set..
- popped the white cut hearts from XOXO back into place
- Sunflower Garden Cling Background inked with Orchid Crush on white CS
- Colored in a few details with Ziggys.
- XOXO stacked with one layer of White CS and pink colored heart inserts
- Embellished with a sprig and leaf from Wishful Wildflowers
- Stamped the Minor Stripes Cling Background at an angle with Valentine Red on white CS
- Cut the XOXO out of the stripes with the die (and set it aside for the next card)
- Replace the XOXO with a solid one stamped with Valentine Red and kissed with a Clear Sparkle Marker.
- Wishful Wildflowers tucked in under the XOXO….embossed with Platinum EP, colored with Peony Color Burst and a DEEP RED Ziggy. Cut out with Coordinating Die
- Embossed Folk Art Florals Cling Background with Rose Gold EP on white CS
- XOXO with the Striped hearts centers popped back in
- Embellished with Foil Tape
- Splattered Background on white CS
- Striped XOXO from the card above
- Embellished with Wishful Wildflowers
Hope you like what I created for you today. Do you have a favorite?? Remember our challenge for the month of February; Cue Word: HEART. Grab your XOXO and see what you can create!
Until next time, Lots of Hugs and Kisses.
2 thoughts on “Tons of XOXOs”
very sweet cards!!
Beautiful cards, love them all!