Hello everyone, it’s Lisa here on this beautiful Monday, and I’m here to get this week started with some crafty ideas for The Ton’s fabulous new Coverplate Dies. I spent the weekend playing with these three dies and have to say, I’m absolutely loving them! I made three cards and they came together so quickly. When you use a die this large It pretty much does the work for you. Let’s get started.
For card #1 I used these supplies from The Ton shop:
- Stamps: Painted Peonies, Coming up Daisies
- Dies: 2 Piece Foliage Coverplate Die, Double Stitched Rectangle Dies (Lg)
- Ink: Rose Quartz, Hollywood Star, Cosmopolitan Pink, Soft Garden, Bright Fern, Noir.
- Gilding: Pink Bokeh Couture Mix
- Misc: Foam Mounting Tape
The new 2 Piece Foliage Coverplate die provided a great backdrop for some Painted Peonies. I love the center area that provides great blank space just perfect for a sentiment. I diecut this image out of white cardstock, then gently sponged it in two different shades of green.
For card #2 I used these supplies from The Ton shop:
- Dies: Best Day Ever Floral Coverplate
- Ink: Soft Amethyst, Bright Emerald, Bright Fern, Hollywood Star
- Gilding: Glass Slipper Sequins
- Misc: Zig Kuretake watercolor marker (Lt. Gray).
The Best Day Ever Floral Coverplate die comes with a sentiment cut right in the design. I made it pop a little by adding some shadowing with a Light Gray Zig watercolor marker. I added some bright, happy colors by sponging the inside pieces of the flowers and leaves, then inlaying each piece. They stand out great against the gray background. While the inlay technique does take some time, it is super easy and so worth it!
For Card #3 I used these supplies from The Ton shop:
- Stamps: Magnificent Magnolias, Marvelous Perfumes
- Dies: Geometric Circles Coverplate , Modern Labels
- Ink: Noir
- Gilding: Glass Slippers Sequins, Silver Glitter Adhesive Paper
- Misc: Foam Mounting Tape , Kuretake Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers
I added some sparkle to my last card by diecutting the gorgeous Geometric Circles Coverplate die out of a piece of The Ton’s Silver Glitter Adhesive paper. This made a very elegant backdrop for the Magnificent Magnolias!
Just a reminder: the new February challenge is live over at The Ton’s Challenge blog. Make a card using the cue word “Heart” as your inspiration then enter it to win a $50 shopping spree at The Ton shop!
Well, that’s all I have for you today my friends. Thank you so much for stopping by. Have a wonderful week and a magnificent Monday!