Hi everyone, Lisa here. So how did you like that new release last week? Yowza! I’m totally blown away by all of the gorgeous new floral stamps especially. Flowers to color, flowers to layer and all with coordinating dies. I thought I’d stop by today to show you a couple floral cards that I’ve been working on this weekend.
First up is a card I made using the new 6×6 photopolymer background stamp Riotous Wildflowers. I heat embossed the image with The Ton’s Rose Gold embossing powder and painted with Kuretake Gansai Tambi Watercolors.
Supplies Used from The Ton:
- Stamps: Riotous Wildflowers
- Dies: Bold General Greeting Word Plate Dies , Double Stitched Rectangles (Large)
- Inks: Hampton White Pigment
- Gilding: Rose Gold Embossing Powder, Matte Gold Sequins
- Paint: Kuretake Gansai Tambi Watercolors
After die cutting the wildflower piece with the rectangle dies, I used one of the word dies from the brand new Bold General Greeting Word Plate die set. Then I popped up the inside rectangle with dimensional tape. This technique adds a lot of extra interest and keeps your sentiment from getting lost on a busy patterned background.
For my second card I used one of The Ton’s gorgeous new layered floral stamp sets: Painted Peonies. Super fun and easy to line up, this set also comes with a coordinating die. I don’t have the die yet so I fussy cut my stamped floral image to give some dimension to my card. But first….I broke out The Ton’s Mini Wild Florals stamp set to stamp directly onto my card front. I made sure they would peek out around the edges of my diecut piece.
Supplies used from The Ton:
- Stamps: Painted Peonies, Peony Notes B, Mini Wild Florals, Haute Stripes Background cling.
- Inks: Soft Orchid, Orchid Crush, Grand Fuchsia, Soft Garden, Bright Fern, Basil Mojito, Warm Hazelnut, Smokey Quartz, Versamark embossing.
- Gilding: Silver Glitter Adhesive Paper, Lilac Blossoms Couture Mix, Ranger Silver Superfine embossing powder
I embossed the Hello sentiment from the Peony Notes B stamp set with a shiny Ranger Silver Embossing Powder . After adding some stripes to the bottom of the card I added a little strip of Silver Glitter Adhesive paper and some sequins from the new Lilac Blossoms Couture Mix for sparkle.
Just a reminder: There’s still time to get in on the fun and play along with The Ton’s monthly challenge. For the month of January the cue word is “CHEERS!”. this is your chance to show off your beautiful cards and enter to win a $50 shopping spree at The Ton Shop. Stop on over to the The Ton’s Challenge Blog/The Season for more info.
Well, that’s it for me today. You all have a beautiful Sunday, thanks for stopping by.