Hello! It’s LauraJane. Hope you have had a Lovely Holiday Weekend:) I have a cheery card featuring the new Holiday Ornaments stamp set.
To make the card:
- I inked each ornament with Distress inks and dauber to get a gradient shading on the left side. The MISTI tool was the key to getting this shading just right.. I could re-ink as many times as needed and got perfect placement each time!
- When the ornaments were colored to my liking, I used the Scan ‘n Cut to cut them out and set them aside while I prepared a background panel.
- Utilizing the paper from which the ornaments were cut as a stencil, I quickly created a shadow for each ornament onto a white piece of card stock. Inked with the darkest shade of red.
- Then I stamped several branches from Holiday Cones (Coord. Outlines).in a light pink.
- I embossed Holiday Confetti in GOLD EP, as well as, “dipping” 2 edges of the panel in Gold by scraping the versamark on the cardfront then adding the powder.
- Using a circle punch and then cutting each in half, I made the ornament “toppers”
- I placed the finished Holiday Ornaments slightly to the right of each shadow.
- Stitched some GOLD embroidery thread as the string and glued a topper into place. Trimmed the panel down so I could add a strip of Foil tape to the left.
- The sentiment is inked in Dark Roast couture ink.
Hope you enjoyed my card today!
Until next time, HAPPY Creating!
*Gift certificates only apply to The Ton stamps, dies, ink, gilding and embossing powder.