Hello! it’s LauraJane:) Today Thankful Chrysanthemum takes center stage on black cardstock. I LOVE the look of colored pencil on Black. Have you noticed this trend popping up in the cardmaking world? It’s a relatively easy look to achieve! Effie carries some GREAT Colored pencil sets in the shop too!
- I started out by CLEAR heat embossing the largest image from Thankful Chrysanthemum onto black CS.
- I quickly filled in the bloom and leaves with the white pigment with a white pencil.
- Then I set to adding color as usual with my Prismacolor pencils. Leaving white highlights where it was needed:)
- The Prismacolor Premier Colorless Blender gives a nice color blend.
- And I find the Design 2000 eraser found in the Prismacolor Premier Colored Pencil Accessory Set 7pcs to be my best friend in removing unwanted color on the black CS!
- Then I added a line of smaller PINWHEEL blooms, from the same set, at the bottom, embossing them as I did with the large Chrysanthemum.
- For this line of blooms, I did not add white pencil first…it gave a less bright result that doesn’t distract from the star of the show:))
- Embossed the sentiment in Clear EP as well
Did some trimming and layering with colored cardstock. Tied some jute twine around it and called it done:)
Maybe YOU will give this technique a try too!
Have a SUPER day!