Hello Coffee Loving Peeps! It’s LauraJane today. The Ton is proud to be a super sponsor and flash sponsor for this hop. You can link up your newly created FALL THEMED coffee, tea, and/or cocoa projects for a chance to win many prizes. Effie, owner of The Ton, is generously giving a stamp set of choice to three winners!
The FALL hop runs from Friday, September 15 – Friday, September 22. Winners will be announced on Coffee Loving Cardmakers Blog. Winners will be posted to the FB group and included in the winners post on Sunday, September 24.. See all the details HERE.
I have a fun card today with a special BREW …stick around to read how I created the coffee inside the cup🙂
Fall always reminds me of the summer I witnessed a migration of MONARCH butterflies …way back in 1981, hence the butterflies on my card.
- I started by stamping the cup from Tea Party then cut it out with the coordinating die.
- ALL stamps are inked with with Caviar hybrid ink, so I could color with alcohol markers.
- Stamped one monarch from Beautiful Butterflies 1 onto the cup itself and colored it with markers.
- Then stamped several more Butterflies from the same set onto an A2 sized white CS
- Created masks for the butterflies on the panel with the Coordinating Dies and put them into place before inking Folk Art Florals Cling Background randomly with Couture Color – Vanilla Frosted Cupcake Dye
- Removed the masks
- Stamped the sentiment from Summer Blooms with Noir Dye
- Added some polka-dot paper onto the bottom of the panel
- Trimmed the panel with Double Stitched Rectangle Dies (Large)
- Embellished with Foil tape, Copper DMC Diamant Metallic thread,and Nuvo Drops – Metallic Copper Penny
- Dotted white gel pen on the wings of each butterfly
- popped the cup on the panel with foam tape
There you go! Enjoy the HOP folks!
Thanks for stopping by!
Don’t forget that our September Mood Board Challenge is now live! Head over now for more details on how to win a $50 spree to our shop!” *Gift certificates only apply to The Ton stamps, dies, ink, gilding and embossing powder.