Happy Monday everyone! It’s LauraJane today with a quick card featuring Anemone Wishes. This is my first time playing with the set since the release, and I found it easy to Emboss, color and pop onto a striped Background. I cut an extra layer of the coordinating die from black CS giving it a shadow effect.
Here it is:)
Steps to make:
- Embossed the Anemone Wishes on white CS with White EP and then again with Silver EP. The mini MISTI makes this a quick and easy task, with perfect stamping.
- Colored the images in with Colored Pencils. The embossed lines make great guidelines for where the shadows should be.
- Added the darkest shadow lines with Olive Green and Deep Brown Zig markers.
- Used an Embossing Pen to re-ink the center of each open anemone, and heat embossed with Ranger Embossing Powder – Black Sparkle.
- Cut the image out with the coordinating die …plus an extra layer cut from black CS.
- Stamped a panel with Minor Stripes Cling Background with Couture Color – Crystal Pewter Dye trimmed that with the Double Stitched Rectangle Dies (Large)
- Adhered the black die cut to the middle of the panel.
- Created a Thread nest of DMC Diamant Metallic Thread 38.2yd – Light Silver
- Used dimensional foam tape to pop the colored die cut image up just slightly off-center from the black diecut.
- Cut HUGS word die from Adhesive Glitter Paper – Glossy Fine Black and placed it in the center of the floral cluster.
- Embellished with Black NUVO drops
Thanks for stopping by! Hope you have a GREAT week!
Remember, you can join the fun at The Ton Challenge Blog until the end of July:)) Make sure you use at least one product from The Ton with a creation inspired by the Mood Board for this month to be entered to win a $50 shopping spree to The Ton’s store!
3 thoughts on “Anemone Wishes”
So pretty! Love the colors. The flowers look so lovely on the striped paper and the black really helps it pop. Wonderful work!
Lovely, and I particularly like the effect of die cutting an extra layer in black card stock for shadow – never thought of doing that. 🙂