Old and New…

Good morning! Emily here with you today to share some projects created using both our new and a few older sets. I sometimes get so caught up in the new releases that I forget how beautifully the new sets will work in conjunction with the previously released sets. Today, I’ve got a pair of cards for you using some of our newer items with the previously released Marvelous Perfumes. Let’s get started with the details!

For both projects, I stamped and heat embossed the perfume bottles from Marvelous Perfume on some heavyweight vellum. For this card, I used a “stained glass” technique. After stamping and die cutting the pretty perfume bottle with the coordinating dies, I used my Copic markers to color on the back of the vellum. Coloring on the back softens the color tremendously, so if you try this technique, be sure to use bright, deep colors, but the coloring combined with the matte finish on the vellum creates a beautiful softness. I also die cut a banner from the brand new Basic Banners set, heat embossed it with the same platinum embossing powder, and added some shading with my Copics.

blue perfume WM

I stamped and die cut several of the previously released Sunflower Cluster stamps onto some watercolor paper and added color with my Daniel Smith watercolors. On the card base, I used my Clarity Stencil Brushes to add a bit of a halo around the edge of the card base using some Azurite ink. I arranged the flowers in a wreath shape and adhered the flowers, perfume, and banner to the card base with dimensional adhesive. A lot of steps, but a pretty finished product, I think!

blue perfume detail WM

For my next card, I die cut, stamped, and heat embossed another of the perfume bottles from Marvelous Perfume on some more vellum. Next, I stamped and die cut the individual blooms from the brand new Watercolor Wreath stamp set using Orchid Crush, Plum Wine, Soft Garnet, Peach Blossom, and Ocean Teal inks. I also stamped one of the pretty Wildflower Cluster stamps (one of the promotional Gift With Purchase sets that you can earn with a qualifying purchase until June 22, 2017!) using Orchid Crush and die cut it with the coordinating die.

vellum perfume WM

For my card base, I used my Clarity Stencil Brushes and Soft Garnet ink to lightly blend a halo in the top left corner of my card front. After I had arranged my floral cluster and vellum perfume bottle in the corner of the card base, I used Press ‘n Seal to pick it up, then added liquid adhesive to the die cuts behind the perfume bottle and dimensional adhesive to the die cuts in front of the perfume bottle, taking care to overlap some of the flowers with the perfume bottle in order to hide the adhesive! I then stamped a sentiment from the new Penned Sentiments using Plum Wine ink onto a strip of white card stock, which I then notched on the end to create a flagged sentiment strip, which I adhered using dimensional adhesive. The final step was to add a smattering of Pastel Pink sequins.

vellum perfume detail WM

Well, that’s all for me today! I hope you’ve enjoyed these projects… I pulled out a few older techniques and products for this one! Love when everything works together so nicely. 🙂

Don’t forget that our June Challenge is now live! For this month, we have a fun color palette challenge so head over now for a chance to win a $50 spree to The Ton’s shop!” *Gift certificates only apply to The Ton stamps, dies, ink, gilding and embossing powder.

The Ton Challenge Blog

Hope you all have a marvelous day, friends!

3 thoughts on “Old and New…

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s