Hello Everyone, it’s LauraJane today. Thanks for stopping in:)
I’ve been in a ZIG marker watercoloring mood these past few rainy days and thought the Fresh Cut Sunflowers Coord. Outlines would be just the ticket to help cheer the cloudy day blues. Coloring with ZIGs is relaxing . The ZIGs are very forgiving on the Bristol Smooth 100lb paper. Adding a bit of water moves the color around…if I don’t like the result I simply dab it off with a dry paper towel and add another layer ZIG Clean Color.
- 028 Pale Pink
- 043 Olive Green
- 046 Mid Green
- 047 May Green
- 050 Yellow
- 052 Bright Yellow
- 065 Mid Brown
- 067 Mustard
- 071 Flesh Color
- 098 Pale Dawn Gray
- 099 Cool Gray 1
Only two blooms and 4 leaves were needed for today’s card. But I like to stamp extras just in case something goes belly-up in the process 🙂
I turned the camera on to video my process of coloring. I made a short video of just two leaves getting colored. I LOVE coloring leaves as much as the blooms:)) You can watch HERE.
The full video coloring flowers and leaves is HERE
When finished coloring, I used the Fresh Cut Sunflowers Coordinating Dies to quickly cut them out. I was tickled with how HAPPY and cheerful they look!
For the card:
- I created a background using a die cut from Modern Labels Coordinating Dies as a mask and used the Geometric Lattice Coverplate Die as a stencil.
- Brushed some BEACH BLONDIE dye ink over the top of the mask and stencil with Clarity stencil brushes.
- Removed the mask and stencil
- Stamped the sentiment with Blue Diamond dye ink.
- Trimmed the panel down with the largest of the Double Stitched Rectangle Dies (Small)
- Layered it to another panel trimmed with the largest of the Double Stitched Rectangle Dies (Large)
Then I arranged my flowers and leaves and decided to quickly stamp and color two of the STEM images from the same set….cut them out with the Coordinating Dies. Adhered all the bits and pieces into place with Tombow Mono and Foam dimensional tape. Tied some blue floss for embellishment and finished with Laura’s Dreamy Blues Couture Mix.
Well, as I write this post it is still raining, but I feel better after coloring these pretty SUNNY Fresh Cut Sunflower blooms! I encourage you to give Zig markers ar try. We would LOVE to see your creations. Remember to share on IG and FACEBOOK with #thetonstamps so we can find it easily.
Here is a TALKING video sharing what ZIG I’m using while coloring the first Sunflower:)
JOIN US FOR THE MAY CHALLENGE AT THE TON’S CHALLENGE BLOG!
THERE IS A $50 GIFT CARD THAT WILL GO TO THE WINNING ENTRY!
THE THEME FOR MAY IS “TIC-TAC-TOE CHALLENGE!”
Here is how to play:
To participate in our challenge, create a paper crafting project based on the theme “Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge”.
- You must use a Ton product as the main focal point of your card or tag.
- Display the cue word/inspiration photo on your blog post and include a link to this challenge in the body of your post.
- There is no limit to the number of projects you wish to enter into the challenge.
- The winning project will be chosen based upon detail, composition and aesthetics.
- Enter your card by May 31, 2017 by 12:55pm EST.