When Effie said she had this NEW die available, I said,”YES Ma’am! and Thank YOU!!” Fussy cutting out the middle of the Floral Border Cling Background was never my favorite thing to do. The new Coordinating Die makes it so simple.
Here is how I made the card:
- I Started with an A2 sized white Neenah CS
- Placed the Floral Border Cling Background in my MISTI and inked it up with Couture Color – Soft Garnet Dye
- Inked up the more solid images in the border stamp with Couture Color – Valentine Red Dye
- Cleaned off the stamp and inked with clear Versa Mark then added Clear EP and heat set it.
- Sponged some Soft Garnet on the edges with a mini inker.
- Took the panel to my BigKick and ran it through with the Floral Border Coordinating Die in the center. It was SUPER easy to line up.
- Flicked some black and red ink on the panel for extra depth.
- Placed a piece of clear acetate over the opening and taped it onto the back side of the finished panel.
- Set that aside:)
- On another piece of white CS I inked the Scenes: Grand Stairway Cling Background in Couture Color – Warm Hazelnut Dye
- Added two couture mixes for the shaker elements in the center: Red Carpet and Candy Cane Garden
- I used foam tape to adhere the front Floral Border panel to the Grand Staircase panel.
- For the sentiment I cut one the Congratulations Word Die from white CS and another from Adhesive Foil Paper – Matte Silver which was stuck down to white CS as well.
- Spray adhesive makes it easy to stack the layers of the word dies together without too much mess.
Here’s a closer look:
At this point I realized that the Congratulations Word Die was too long for the short end of my panel…so I carefully did some surgery and cut after the first “t” and before the “s” and spliced them together on the card front. Saying, “Congrats” for an anniversary, or a retirement, or maybe a new home:)) I’ll decide later and place the rest of the sentiment on the inside of the card.
I finished the card by sprinkling a few sequins and flowers from the same two mixes from above.
Hope you enjoyed today’s card and understood my instructions.
Don’t forget we have a CHALLENGE BLOG too!
Join us for the month of February.
There is a Whopping $50 Gift card that will go to the winning entry:))
Here is how to play:
Have a Super day!