Helloo all! It’s LauraJane today:)) Have you been following along with the Mirror Image Event?
All February long, the design team members from My Sweet Petunia, The Ton and So Suzy Stamps will create a card using the Mirror Image Stamp. There will be blog posts, videos and a ton of instructions on how we all use the Mirror Image Stamp.
The Mirror Image Stamp is a great stamping tool that works with the MISTI to create reflections and reverse images.
For my card I used the Beautiful Day stamp set. A bicycle with a basket of flowers is such a HAPPY picture in my mind..so TWO bikes with baskets is even BETTER, right?
It was very easy to line up the two layers of bicycle images withe the MISTI and then make a mirror image as well.
- Starting with an A2 sized Card Front
- For the bike on the right; I followed the instructions from the Mirror Image Video, stamping the main bicycle image from Beautiful Day in Soft Garnet
- Then positioned the second layer and stamped in Red Sangria
- Repeated the same ink colors and stamped the bike on the left, which is the original direction of the stamps.
- Added the bouquet of flowers after placing a mask on the edges of the baskets. stamping with Ballet Slippers and a hint of Crystal Pewter
- I then grabbed Brushed Hugs and inked it in Ballet Slippers , being careful to wipe off the ink on the lower part of the letter “g”
- I inked sending love and healing and happy thoughts in Crystal Pewter along the bottom edge
- Finished by stamping all the tiny hearts from Beautiful Day set in Soft Garnet
- Added shimmer marker to the hearts to make them pop!
Hope this inspires you to try the Mirror image stamping out!!
Remember all the Super Giveaways!!
- 3 – MISTI’s in your choice of Original or Mini
- 4 – $25 Gift Certificates to The Ton
- 4 – $25 Gift Certificates to So Suzy Stamps
- 1 – Memory MISTI Tote
- 2 – Regular MISTI Covers
- 2 – Mini MISTI Covers
- 2 – Bunkie Bags
All you need to do, is comment on everyone’s post throughout the month. The master list of posts to comment on is at SoSuzy’s. Winners will be announced on February 28th.
AND we have a Challenge Blog using The Ton stamps.
Hope you join us for the month of February.
There is a Whopping $50 Gift card that will go to the winning entry:))
Here is how to play: