Hello everyone! It’s Jenny here taking over the blog today with 2 cards I created with our Dog Life Stamp set and the Coordinating Dies. This stamp set could totally be used in many different ways, but I made a Christmas card and a doggie sympathy card. I love all the dog images and also all of the little images such as the wings, paws, etc. from this set!
Here is the Christmas card I created:
- I started the card by stamping the Pug image on a smooth white cardstock in our Copic friendly Caviar Hybrid ink and colored it with Copic markers. I also stamped the hat image from the same stamp set with the Bright Fern ink and added some interest with gold gel pen and the Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle pen. Then I die cut both images using the Dog Life Coordinating Dies.
- On a A2 size white cardstock, I adhered Gold Burnished Foil tape on all sides. Then I adhered red cardstock slightly smaller than the card base. I also die cut a green rectangle panel using the second largest die from our Double Stitched Rectangle Dies and adhered it on the card base.
- I repeatedly stamped the paw image on a white smooth cardstock in Valentine Red ink. I also stamped the sentiment from the Mistletoe Kisses and checked off on “Naughty” with the Valentine Red ink. I also highlighted a small area, applying Actic Sky ink with the blending tool. Then I die cut the panel using the second largest die from the Double Stitched Rectangle Dies and heat embossed with gold embossing powder.
- I wrapped the card around with gold embroidery thread and adhered the dog with foam tape and I also adhered the green hat.
- I finished the card off by adding some Matte Gold sequins.
Here is the doggie sympathy card I created.
Sympathy cards are the hardest ones to create (for me at least), so it’s always better to make some in advance and have it in your card stash.
- I started the card by stamping the dog and the halo image on a smooth cardstock in our Caviar Hybrid ink. I colored the images with Copic markers, die cut using the Dog Life Coordinating Dies, and put it aside. I added some interest on the dog image with the white gel pen. I die cut 4 layers of halo, adhered them together, and embellished the top layer with the Diamond Stickles.
- On a kraft cardstock, I stamped the wing image stacked vertically in Noir ink. I colored the wings with Prismacolor color pencils. I colored in white and shaded with gray. I drew in lines using the T-ruler and some white dots with white gel pen. Then I trimmed it down to 2.5″ x 5.5″.
- On a black cardbase, I repeatedly stamped the paw images in Hampton White Pigment ink. When it was dry, I adhered the kraft panel in the middle and die cut using the largest die from theDouble Stitched Rectangle Dies.
- I stamped the sentiment on a black cardstock (die cut using the largest die from the Double Stitched Rectangular Dies) in Versamark ink and heat embossed in white. I trimmed it to a strip and adhered it on the card using foam tape. Then I adhered the dog and the halo image on the card.
- I finished the card off by adding some Glass Slippers sequins.
Hope you enjoyed the cards and thank you for stopping by! Have a wonderful day!