Hello! It’s LauraJane. Welcome to a new week:))
I was interested in trying out a technique that Jennifer Mcguire shared, a while ago, for creating a background by using dies to make a stencil. I’ll share with you the steps in photos using the Holiday Cones Coordinating Dies for the stencil.
Here are the steps to create the background panel:
- First I repeatedly cut the two smaller branch dies from Holiday Cones Coordinating Dies on CS to makes a stencil.
- Then Sponged a shade darker than the chosen colored CS..I chose Bright Emerald Dye
- Next, stamp the coordinating images in an even darker shade…Basil Mojito
- For the shadows, I slightly misaligned the stencil and traced the images where the shadow would be with COPIC N1.
- Trimmed the panel down with the Double Stitched Rectangle Dies
- Adhered that onto an A2 sized CS in the same color as the original blue
For the embellishment:
- Stamped and heat embossed in GOLD the Holiday Confetti on the top left corner of the background panel.
- On coordinating Blue CS: stamped and embossed in GOLD the CONGRATULATIONS from Brushed Cheers….trimmed into a strip and adhered it to the panel. added two smaller thin strips for accent.
- On vellum: Embossed the berry branches from Fresh Cut Poinsettias (Coord. Outlines ) in GOLD and cut them with Fresh Cut Poinsettia Coordinating Dies
- On vellum: Stamped and clear embossed a large Bloom from Fresh Cut Poinsettias (Coord. Outlines )..stamped in Hot Tourmaline Dye and cut with Fresh Cut Poinsettia Coordinating Dies
- On coordinating Blue CS: cut bloom with Fresh Cut Poinsettia Coordinating Dies
- Embossed the center of the Poinsettia with GOLD.
Hope you enjoyed my card tutorial today.
Have a GREAT week!