Hello, everyone! Hope you are having a wonderful day! It’s Jenny here taking over the blog today with a holiday card and also a birthday card I created with the same color scheme – peach, green, and gray. Let’s jump right in! 🙂
Here is the first card!
It’s not a traditional color scheme for holiday cards, but I’m quite happy how this card turned out. When I put down the first coat of colors, I wasn’t thrilled with it and almost threw the watercolor panel away. However, I didn’t give up and kept on going. When the card was completed, I fell in love with it! 🙂
- I started by stamping Holiday Border Cling Background stamp on a Bristol paper in Versamark. Then I heat embossed the image with our Rose Gold embossing powder. Rose Gold embossing and peach watercolor goes so well together!
- I colored the image with the Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers. The colors I used are: Scarlet Red, Persian Green, Dark Brown, and Brown. I blended the first coat of colors with the clear water. For the second coat, I used the Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle pen to blend out. That’s when the colors really intensified and it also gave a beautiful shimmer effect to the image. To give a subtle color on the background, I used bit of Dark Gray Zig pen and blended it out with water.I also splattered white Gansai Tambi watercolor and let the panel dry completely.
- I trimmed the panel down slightly smaller than A2 size and heat embossed the edges with Rose Gold embossing powder. I stamped the sentiment from our new Holiday Confetti stamp set and heat embossed in Rose gold as well.
- On a A2 size white card base, I adhered our Burnished Rose Gold Foil tape on all 4 sided and adhered the watercolor panel using foam tape.
- I finished the card by adding some Rose gold, Glass Slippers, and Burnt Caramel sequins.
Now, let me show you the second card!
I created this card for my bff’s birthday. Actually, this card was the inspiration for the holiday card I introduced above. I loved the colors on this card so much, I just had to try it on a holiday card also!
- I first started the card by stamping our Peony Garden Cling Background stamp on a Bristol paper in Versamark. I heat embossed with our Rose Gold embossing powder.
- I colored the image with Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers. (Scarlet Red, Parisian Green, and Dark Gray). I added some shimmer with Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle pen. When it was completely dry, I die cut “birthday” using our new Birthday Word Die for the die cut inlay technique.
- I adhered 3 strips of our Burnished Rose Gold Foil Tape on a white cardstock and die cut with the sameBirthday Word Die.
- I adhered black fun foam on the watercolor panel and adhered it on a gray card base. Then I inlaid the Rose Gold die cut onto the panel using Glossy Accent adhesive.
- On a strip of a vellum, I smooshed top half of “birthday” in Versamark using the negative part of the die cut as the guide. I also stamped the “happy” from our Basic Sentiments stamp set. I heat embossed with Rose Gold embossing powder and adhered it on the card.
- I finished the card by adding some Rose Gold and Glass Slippers sequins.
That’s all for today! Thank you for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed the cards! Have a wonderful day!