Hello, everyone! It’s Jenny here and I’m back with an elegant peony card I created with our Petal Cut Peonies Standalone Dies! This set die cuts out the most beautiful, intricate, and delicate peonies and its leaves, so you don’t really need to do much to make them stand out. However, I tried to make this card as fancy and elegant as possible, with a particular recipient in mind, who is into elegant and couture style. I tried to stick to 3 cool colors (white, silver, and blue) to give a serene look although this is a lavish card with lots of elements. I really love the sentiment I went with, from our Timeless Icon Sentiments stamp set. It’s a fabulous quote of my most favorite actress and activist, Audrey Hepburn!
Let me show you the card!
- I started the card by die cutting the peonies and the leaves using our Petal Cut Peonies Standalone Dies. I cut all of them once with a white heavy cardstock, and once with a silver glitter cardstock. I added some blue color to one of the peony using Blue Zig marker and blending the color out with the Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle pen. This die set is very versatile with many dies with different style of peony flowers and the leaves. I had so many options of which petals and flowers to use, so I spent quite some time figuring out exactly how I want to arrange them! After deciding the layout, I took a rough picture of it and put the die cuts aside.
- Then I die cut a small frame in the middle of the A2 sized white cardstock. After die cutting, I put all the pieces together and splattered blue ink (Zig marker+water), and silver ink (Gansai Tambi Starry Colors). When it was completely dry, I heat embossed the entire middle frame in silver. I also wiped the edges to the most outer layer with Versamark ink pad and heat embossed in silver. I added white fun foam behind the most inner layer.
- I stamped the sentiment from the Timeless Icons Sentiment stamp set on a white cardstock with our Noir ink. I trimmed it down and adhered it on a strip of a silver cardstock slightly larger than the sentiment strip.
- On a A2 sized white cardbase, I first adhered the most outer layer. Then, I adhered the silver embossed frame and the inner layer the last. I put some silver embroidery thread on top of the middle panel, then with using the layout picture I took earlier as a guide, I adhered all the die cuts with Glossy Accent adhesive.
- Then I put more silver embroidery thread on top of the die cuts and adhered the sentiment with the 3D foam tape.
- I finished the card off by adding some mixed sizes of Glass Slipper sequins and Mercedes Sequins mix.
That’s all for today and I hope you enjoyed this card! Thank you for stopping by!
Please come back tomorrow, as our 2016 Fall Release week begins!!
Have a fabulous day!