JUST A NOTE for the MISTI stamping and clings..I should have taken the black foam piece out of the MISTI before taping the paper down. With the extra bulk I could see that the hinges were straining…OUCH!! Otherwise using the MISTI and clings is the best way to get lovely inking variations:)))
On the third inking I used Lipstick Red on two of the solid images and carefully spritzed with water before stamping….that lower bloom got just a bit too much water://
Not to worry though. As you may see, in the other corner, the big yellow peony is getting a bit of detail coloring from zig clean color brush markers…Yellow and Blush. I’m LOVING the looks of that one!!
- At this point, I decided to trim the panel down and continued coloring the leaves and spaces between the bloom.
- Then kissed it with with a touch of splatter.
- Burnished Rose Gold Foil Tape and some thinner tape from the Sampler Pack – Foil accented the panel nicely! The tapes are very easy to work with and has become my GO-To finish these days:))
Here is the finished card:
- The sentiment is from Happiest of Peonies, which I stamped and trimmed down by selectively cutting one of the smaller Double Stitched Rectangle Dies.
- Then I used the ziggy to add a wash of blue.
- I layered a bit of Doily for a more feminine touch and sprinkled some Red Carpet Couture Mix for a bit of bling.
I encourage you to experiment with your ink variations on those cling backgrounds and MISTI!! The results are very rewarding:))
Thanks for stopping by!!