Hello, everyone! Happy Monday! It’s Jenny here taking over the blog today with this beautiful wedding shaker card! I created this card using the Haute Wedding Dress stamp set and our gorgeous gilding. I can’t think of a wedding dress without beautiful lace and some bling, so that was the inspiration for this card!
Here is the card:
Here is how I made this card!
- I started off by stamping the Haute Wedding Dress image on a smooth cardstock (slightly smaller than A2 size) in our Copic safe Caviar Hybrid ink. I fussy cut the image using the cutting machine. It wasn’t available when I created this card, but the coordinating die for this stamp set is now available, so you could use that instead. The coordinating die will give you cleaner cut and save your time as well.
- I fussy cut the skin & head part and colored it with various of Copic markers.
- Then I stamped the negative part of the cardstock with our Haute Stripes Cling Background stamp in our crisp Noir ink couple of times using the Misti tool. I adhered the acetate on the back and put foam tape to create the shaker frame. I also pieced back the Copic colored upper body & head part on the panel.
- On a cardstock slightly smaller than A2 size, I adhered a piece of ivory lace from my stash. Then I adhered acetate on top of the lace to help the sequins to flow more smoothly. You could totally skip this part.
- I filled the shaker frame with Twilight Rose sequins, My Tutu sequins, and Cherry Blossoms Couture Mix. Then I sealed the shaker with the lace+acetate panel.
- On the vertical edges of a A2 top folding black card base, I adhered the pink glitter tape from our Sample Pack. Then, on the card base, I first adhered a panel of a 4″x5.5 plain black cardstock and the shaker on top.
- I stamped the sentiment from our Basic Labels stamp set, fussy cut, and adhered it on the card front.
- I wrapped a piece of lace around the card front lined up right on the waist of the dress, adhered it with strong double sided taped on the back, and covered it up by adhering a white cardstock over it. I finished the card off by adding a pink stain bow on the waist and couple of gems on the hair.
That’s it for today and I hope you enjoyed the card! 🙂 Have a wonderful day!