Hello all, It’s LauraJane today, sharing a card I made for my DH’s birthday.
Masculine cards are VERY difficult for me since flowers are not as appreciated by the male gendered in my home. However, my ten year old son tells me boy cards are easy!!! “Just start with blue and have circles on it and then you’re done!” …So I went with that advice:))
Bokeh Burst – Round was the PERFECT set to start with.
- Blue Grid Pattern paper is what I chose for my main panel. I inked up the large bokeh burst in Hot Tourmaline stamped and turned the image, inked it in Parisian Blue and stamped again, making sure the middle circle lined up.
- Then I randomly stamped several of the smaller circles with the same colors, inking at least one of the edges to create the illusion of a ball or sphere.
- Some of these I stamped a second time to get a lighter image in a different spot. I chose to ink a few in Blue Diamond and Cobalt Breeze Dye as well. (Have I mentioned how FAMOUSLY these inks work? I have found the Couture Color inks to be my FAVORITE dye inks.)
- Now that this panel had a happy splashing of Bokeh burst and spheres, I ran it through the bigkick and a Double Stitched Rectangle Die and inked the edges with Blue Diamond . Then stuck black fun foam behind it and layered several coordinating blue papers and adhered them all on a blue card base.
Feeling PLEASED with this so far:))
- I stamped the HAPPY and BIRTHDAY from Basic Labels in Parisian Blue, trimmed them out and matted them on black CS and glued them in the middle of the burst.
- HUGS is inked directly to the front panel in Deep Sapphire. (I added more of a brushed look with some quick brush strokes from my black Zig brush marker.)
- To complete the sentiment, “and KISSES” in Noir Dye ink on the panel as well.
The good news is DH LOVED it, and I found stamping in BLUE to be very relaxing:))
Hope this encourages you to make some masculine cards too!