Hello everyone! It’s Jenny here taking over the blog today!
For today’s card, I’m showcasing our Lucky Tulip Stamp set, a beautiful large floral image so fun to color! This fabulous sentiment is from our Like A Boss stamp set. I just love love love this quote from Maya Angelou!
For the coloring medium, since I haven’t played with my Brusho Crystal Colours for quite some time, I decided to go with it for today’s project. I was able to achieve an artistic look using only 5 different Brusho colors. For those of you may not be familiar with Brusho, it’s basically watercolor ink crystals in a very fine powder form.
Here is the card!
- I began the card by stamping the Tulip image for our Lucky Tulip stamp set on a A2 sized Arches coldpress watercolor paper with embossing ink. I heat embossed the image with white embossing powder.
- I wet the flower (petals) with clear water and I lightly sprinkled OST Red and Scarlett Red Brusho. I waited for the pigments react to the water for about a minute, and I dusted off the excess powder (and help the drying process) using the heat gun. Then I repeated the same process with the stem and leaves with Leaf Green and Sea Green Brusho. I spread the colors with a water brush to fill in the blank spots.
- I wet the background with a damp brush for the powder to stick and sprinkled Black Brusho. Then I sprayed water over the whole panel with the water mister. This helped the pigments to react and spread to achieve the messy artistic look. I let the pigment to spread for about a minute dried the panel with the heat gun.
- I gave the petals some gold highlights using Gansai Tambi Starry Colors (Red gold), and I also splattered white and Red Gold Gansai Tambi water colors to add more interest. I let it dry and trimmed the panel down to 4″x5.5″.
- I stamped the sentiment from the Like A Boss stamp set on a strip of Vellum with embossing ink, and heat embossed with the gold embossing powder. I wrapped and adhered the sentiment strip around the panel, and adhered the black fun foam on the back.
- I taped down the Gold foil tape from the Sampler pack on the sides of the black card base, letting a tiny bit of black peeking on the edges. Then I adhered the watercolor panel on the center of the card base, using strong adhesive.
- I finished the card off by adding Medallion Gold sequins in mixed sizes.
That’s all for today and I hope you enjoyed the card! Thank you for stopping by!
Have a fabulous day!