Hello everyone, Effie here! I am back today with a card making video as part of my 2016 New Year’s Resolution to create more videos for my cards. For today’s post and video, I created a large bouquet of flowers with several of our sets (Fresh Cut Peonies, Fresh Cut Dahlias, Fresh Cut Roses, Mini Wild Florals, Vintage Frames). The video is a bit long because there was a lot involved in making this card (but well worth it!).
First, I started by stamping all of my floral elements. I stamped our layered peonies in our Ruby, Orchid, Peony and Minted Couture Collection Inks. Then I stamped my dahlias in our Citrine and Coral (I substituted the Spice Chai for our Red Sangria Ink – can you tell I love my food and beverages from my product names??) Couture Collection Inks. Then I stamped the leaf clusters and other foliage in our Minted Collection Inks.
I heat embossed the vase in gold embossing powder and stamped and masked the stems inside the vase. After I finished my stamping, I fussy cut the vase and created a gold foil accented ribbon, bow and tags. The tag was created using a tiny sentiment from our Vintage Frames set. This was a very labor intensive card – not something you can easily mass product but the final bouquet was created with a lot of effort and love.
Next, I arranged my vase, florals and foliage on my 4×5 1/2 inch panel. For any type of floral arrangements, I recommend that you plan your arrangements first (without adhesive), take a photo of your final bouquet and then adhere everything on your panel as planned. This will save you some time from needless rearrangements. I also recommend that you use non-permament/repositionable adhesive because you may want to move some of the elements around later on.
Next, I created an A2 side-folding card base from white cardstock. I used our gold foil tape and adhered strips to the right and left side for some bright gold foil accents. The foil accents in the different parts of the card (sides, ribbon, bow and tag) bring the entire project together for a chic and polished finish.
I love how this bouquet turned out. I was actually ecstatic over the results because the peonies, dahlias and foliage all came together so nicely. My vision for our Fresh Cut series of stamps was to ensure that all the floral elements worked well with each other. I’m excited that I have finally built up our floral collection to be able to create such a cohesive bouquet!
I hope you enjoyed today’s post and video! I missed a post for last week so I will be posting another video before this week is over. So I hope you’ll return to check out my next project (and the rest of the DT projects this week) and maybe even subscribe to our YouTube channel.
Have a wonderful day and thank you for stopping by!